The Bonavita BV1800 8-cup coffee maker costs way less than the Miele CM5200 espresso machine when it’s comparing prices.
It is a coffee maker that an average family can be able to afford to buy. Yeah, I know I fit into that category as well, but I really love the Miele brand with its lazy cleaning up feature.
Click on the above hyper link to read more about it. The cleaning up for the Bonavita model BV1800 might not be as bad. It’s just that the Miele CM5200 countertop coffee machine cleans itself. I don’t think any coffee machine can beat that.
Table of Contents
Buy This Coffee Maker Online
Both models are qualified for free shipping. If you want to see what the BV1800TH model looks like, just scroll a little down from this post. I have to say it looks a little like my electrical kettle.
Functionality & Dimensions
Check out the functionality of this coffee maker to see what makes the perfect cup of coffee every time.
- The maker can brew up to 8 cups of coffee. The total would be about 40 ounces.
- It can keep the coffee warm up to 1.5 hours.
- It will shut off by itself. This is great so it won’t over cook if you forget to turn it off. I know what it’s like. I sometimes forget to turn off the stove when I am cooking or boiling water and of course you can manually turn it off anytime.
- The coffee maker has a 1400 watt heater to raise its ideal water temperature level to 204°F or 96°C
- It has a wide opening to make it easy to fill the water in the tank without spills.
- The water tank is clear and marked for easy measurement of filling in water.
- The filter basket is also easy to fill and clean.
- It is a German engineered coffee maker with high quality glass carafe.
- I almost forgot to mention this coffee machine is a Certified Brewing Equipment by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America).
- Brewing coffee is very easy and fast with this coffee machine. It only takes about 5 to 6 minutes to brew 8 cups of 5 ounces of coffee.
- The machine uses #4 Melitta paper filters that you can buy from your grocery store. You can also get additional #4 Melitta paper filters by Clicking here.
- The measurement for this coffee maker is 12” H X 10.75” L X 6.5” W and weighs about 6.6 pounds.
Some of you might be curious what is the difference between these two models. I can totally relate to that because I am curious myself. So here is what I have found about their differences.
- The time of the automatic shut off is different. The thermal carafe ( BV1800TH ) will auto shut off at 15 minutes after the brew cycle begins and the glass carafe ( BV1800 ) will auto shut off at two hours after the brew cycle begins.
- The suggested retail price is different. The suggested retail price for the thermal carafe ( BV1800TH ) is $179.99 and the glass carafe ( BV1800 ) is $159.99. Usually the selling price is lower.
- The thermal carafe maker will keep your coffee hot much longer than the glass. I recommend getting a thermos stainless king food jar to keep your left over coffee hot if you are planning to get the glass carafe. That thermos food jar can keep food or liquid hot for up to 7 hours. To read more about it, click on the above hyper link. But it might really not be necessary for a thermos. You can always reheat your left over coffee in the microwave or make a new batch of coffee from the glass carafe, and besides making it is really fast with only about 5 to 6 minutes.
- You also have to think about the glass might be easier to break than the thermal. When the glass breaks it might be dangerous for your kids to be around it. For some reason if yours breaks then you can get replacement parts for both Bonavita BV1800 and Bonavita BV1800TH by clicking here.
If you decided to go with the thermal carafe maker, please read and follow the instruction manual carefully. If you are careless, there might be a possibility the inside glass will explode into pieces. For example, don’t use water directly from the refrigerator or accidentally put ice cubes in without noticing it.
This coffee maker is very popular amongst the consumers. It has over a thousand users who reviewed it. I am pretty sure there are a lot of people who have bought it and didn’t do a review on it. Are you one of those people who likes to buy products and don’t like doing a review?
Anyway, some part of this coffee machine is made out of plastic. It is made out of BPA free plastic. I don’t know if that makes a difference to you. As you know it is hard to maintain a stable average rating of over 80% by the consumers. If you want to see the average rating or more reviews for this machine, click here. Bottom line, this is a good coffee maker to go for.
Pros and Cons
Pros: This coffee maker is user friendly, makes wonderful, hot and fast coffee. Cleaning up is easy.
Cons: No timer or sound whistle. If you needed a timer or whistle coffee maker than this coffee maker might not be right for you. Others also wish this maker is more bigger.
Warranty and Manual
The Bonavita model BV1800 has a two year manufacturer warranty, an additional year more than other products you normally buy. You can find the user manual by clicking here.