I always wanted a mini fridge with lock on it. The main purpose for me to get a mini fridge is to lock some of the items, so my kids can’t abuse eating or drinking them.
I am serious my youngest son will drink all the compact juice that is supposed to be taken to school for lunch. He will also abuse other goodies and stuff he likes. For some reason he doesn’t like anything that is made with peanuts. So if we get something like peanut butter or butterfingers candy he won’t touch it. If he eats it, he will spit them out in the trash.
Do you have a kid like me and want to buy a mini fridge that has a lock to lock all the foods and drinks? It is not that we are mean to lock up all the foods and drinks. It is just that if they eat too much of it, it will be bad for their little body. I do notice my son is starting to gain extra weight and some of his clothes don’t fit him so I will be ending up spending more on the clothes than just buying a mini refrigerator.
I have spent several hours trying to find the best small fridge with lock on it and I came up with the Edgestar brand that fits my preferences. So I decided to share what I have found about this refrigerator with you below. I hope this is what you are looking for. I know it is very troublesome to find the best one and there are not that many good refrigerators that have locks on them.
Table of Contents
Compact Refrigerator With Lock For Sale With Free Shipping
To buy a mini refrigerator with lock at best price, you can do so by clicking the orange check price button or the picture below. The last time I checked the Edgestar CRF150SS fridge is being offered with free shipping cost. You can also scroll down a little further to read its features and descriptions.
Edgestar CRF150SS Fridge or Freezer Features
Here are some of the descriptions and benefits of owning the Edgestar CRF150SS fridge.
- This appliance can be used either as a refrigerator or freezer because of its zero degree convertible ability. It is up to you to decide on that.
- It is in compact size, so it takes less space or room in an apartment, office or dormitory.
- It is light weight so you can move it to any location you prefer with only 46 pounds.
- It is in stainless steel cool looking color. I think this color is not as easy as others to get dirty like the white and it will nicely match your modern kitchen and room.
- The main feature I like about this fridge is the built in lock that you can use to protect the contents in the refrigerator.
- It comes with two keys just in case you lose one. Hopefully you won’t of course, but it might happen.
- As for the warranty, it comes with 1 year for parts and 90 days for labor according to the official site Edgestar.
- Oh I almost forgot to mention the size of this fridge. It is 1.1 cubic feet.
- The door is in modern euro style and it uses 115 V/60 Hz voltage.
- Has the ability of reversible door. That means you can easily change the swing of the door to suit your liking.
- The measurement for the internal is 13.5″ H x 14″ W x 13″ D and the external is 19 1/2″ H x 18 1/2″ W x 17 3/4″ D.
There is a newer model for this mini refrigerator. If you like you can click here to read more about it. There is really not that much of a difference between these two.
The model for the newer version fridge is CRF150SS-1 and the weight is 42 pounds. Both mini refrigerators measurements for the internal and external are the same and their features stay the same.
But the CRF150SS is selling it for a much higher price since there are not that many sellers who are selling it and the manufacturer might not be making it anymore.
Mini Fridge With Lock Review
Read The Edgestar CRF150SS Mini Fridge Reviews
The Edgestar CRF150SS freezer or refrigerator has an average rate of 88% with over 50 customer reviews. Currently, there are several users who are giving either a 40% or 20%. I consider that is a very high rating because there are not that many people who will buy an appliance online and besides I can’t find any mini fridge that has a lock and key at my local stores.
Most of the local stores at my area are selling the big ones and not that much of an option for the compact size. I don’t need another big fridge that I have to spend over $1000.00 for it.
Pros: Quite a few of the users are saying this refrigerator is small enough to fit under their office desk. It is quiet and the cost for the electricity is low. The fridge is so light weight that users are saying it is easy to bring it up the stairs without any help.
Cons: It might not be right for you, if you are planning to store a lot of items. A user is saying it died due to electric failure after two weeks of usage. It is because that user was using this fridge on a truck and it is not designed to be used in a vehicle, so the warranty doesn’t cover it. That’s what will happen if you don’t use it as it was intended.
If you like you can check out the Edgestar CRF150SS manual first before buying it by clicking here. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.