An electric roaster oven is a pretty handy gadget to help you to cook a feast for your family on holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
It is nice to have more extra space to cook your feast without having to wait for your traditional oven to be free and it will also save you time too.
I am guessing your next question would be, what is the best roaster oven I should buy? Don’t worry, I am going to give you four top best rated electric roaster ovens to select from. These top four roaster ovens might also be the bestsellers.
I am pretty sure one of these might fit into your preferences. The prices for these ovens are also affordable. As of today, November 17, 2013 all four of these roaster ovens are under $60.00. So the next time you check the price, it might be higher or lower. Hopefully, it will be lower right? I do wish you can save as much as possible.
How did I come up with the top four best rated electric roaster ovens?
Here is how I got the top four best rated electric ovens. The average rating has to be at least a 80% out of 100% being the highest. It has to have over 75 consumers who rated this product. Most of these ovens are qualified for free shipping.
Hamilton Beach 32229 Roaster Oven
The Hamilton Beach 32229 Roaster Oven would me my number one choice. I like the way it looks and it has a stainless steel design. It goes perfect into my kitchen.
This roaster oven has the most reviewers comparing with others and it’s still maintaining a high average rating of a 90%.
Features and Details
- It is pretty big with a capacity of 22 quarts. It might be able to fit up to a 24 pound turkey.
- This oven can be used for cooking, roasting, serving and baking.
- It will also keep your food warm.
- You can set the temperature up to 450 degrees F with the control knob.
- The insert pan, lid and lift out wire rack can be removable for easy clean up.
- On the side of the oven, it has two cool touch handles for easy transport to the table.
- It includes a user manual with recipes on it for you to expand your cooking.
- The measurement for the Hamilton Beach roaster oven is about 25.3 x 18 x 11.1 inches.
- The weight is 19 pounds with a one year limited warranty.
Hamilton Beach 32229 Roaster Oven Review
Pros: A lot of customers are saying cleaning up this roaster oven is easy. It is in a reasonable and affordable price with great quality and working as it is expected.
Cons: Several users are saying the side of the roaster oven is hot. If that is the case be sure to wear a pair of kitchen cooking mitts. You don’t want to burn your hands. I always wear mine when I need to peek into my pots while they are being used. You can find a very nice pair of cooking mitts by clicking here.
You can find the Hamilton Beach 32229 Roaster Oven user manual by clicking here.
Rival Roaster Oven
If you need a smaller roaster oven how about the Rival Roaster Oven? This oven has a 18 quart capacity. It is four quarts smaller than the Hamilton Beach.
This one has the second most reviewers. It still has an average rating of a 90%. It is a white color design. If you want you can go with the black color. To me both colors look pretty nice. Most of my gadgets are either white or black and stainless steel.
Features and Details
- It is a 18 quart size roast oven. It will take less space in your kitchen.
- Can be used for cooking, roasting, baking and serving.
- It has an adjustable temperature from 150 degrees to 450 degrees F.
- It has two stay cool side handles. I still advise to use cooking mitts.
- You can roast a turkey up to 18 pounds.
- Comparing with the traditional oven, this oven uses up to 77% less energy and it cooks up to 30% faster. It will save you more time and money.
- The roasting pan is an enamel on steel finish.
- Both roasting pan and rack are removable for easy cleaning.
- The model number for this oven is RO180, in case you need to refer back to the manual.
- The dimensions are 23.5 x 17.5 x 9.8 inches and the weight is 17.2 pounds.
- A one year warranty is included.
Rival RO180 Roaster Oven Review
- 1. I have had this oven for 7 years and I use it a lot. It is still working great.
- 2. It is great to be using it for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday.
- 3. It is in a good price with very nice quality.
- 4. Cleaning up the oven is easy with its removal wire rack and insert. All it needs to clean is hot soapy water.
- 5. A roaster oven is the easiest way to cook a turkey.
Pros: Here are some of the comments the users are saying.
Cons: Customers are complaining the cord is too short. You can always buy an extension cord to go along with it. The unit doesn’t have an indicator light to tell you its on or not. I also have a slow cooker like that too. The only way to tell is by the heat coming out from it.
You can find the Rival RO180 user manual by clicking here. The manual has only about 8 pages. It does contain some recipes for you to test out.
Oster CKSTRS23 Roaster Oven
Here is another 22 quart large roaster oven made by the company Oster. This oven will be my third choice.
The average rating for this oven is 84% with over 100 customer reviews. It is also a stainless steel design.
Features and Details
- You can use it to cook up to a 22 pound turkey.
- The enamel on steel roasting pan and the rack can be removed.
- It has a lid rest for easy serving.
- The dimensions are 17.5 x 24 x 10.3 inches and the weight is 18 pounds.
- CKSTRS23 is this oven’s model number.
Oster CKSTRS23 Roaster Oven Review
Pros: A lot of users love the size of this oven and they are recommending it to others and they also can’t wait to use it again on Thanksgiving.
Cons: This one has more complaints of being defective and you can’t wash it in a dishwasher.
Nesco 6 Quart Roaster Oven
The Nesco roaster oven is even smaller. I guess it is a mini version of the other electric roaster ovens. It has only 6 quart capacity.
If you don’t have that many guests or just your family for the holidays, then the six quart would be a better choice.
There are two colors to select from. It is either red or ivory. As you can see from the picture on the left, the lid is made with glass. So it is perfect to view the food without having to open the lid. I think the design looks very nice too.
Features and Details:
- You can adjust the temperature between 175º to 425ºF.
- This oven uses 750 watts of power.
- It does almost everything like an oven does except broil.
- It uses circle of heat energy. It cooks from the side instead of the bottom.
- You can use it to cook, bake, roast, slow cook, steam and serve.
- The chrome rack is removable.
- The dimensions are 15 x 8.2 x 15.1 inches and it weighs about 10 pounds.
- The model number is 4816-12G.
The six quart oven might not fit a whole turkey, but you can roast turkey breast instead. The oven currently has an average rating of 86% with over 90 reviewers. To read the Nesco 6 Quart Roaster Oven reviews please click here.
1. If you want to cut a bit of cooking time, you can use heavy duty aluminum foil to help to protect the heat from going out on the top.
2. Please do use cooking mitts to protect yourself from getting burned.
3. Keep it away from children especially when it is being used.