I wouldn’t mind having the Lifetime 60012 deck box to store my extra items when they are not in use. Besides, the Lifetime 60012 deck storage box looks like a very decent storage box and it also has an affordable price.
Well at least it has a price that I can afford. But I would have to sacrifice buying other things if I decided to buy it. Do you have to sacrifice buying other things like me? I know most of my friends do.
I really don’t have enough room to put away my things in the house. Most of my family members don’t like to throw away their things even though a lot of them are in a broken state. I guess they are just very sentimental of the things and don’t have the heart to throw them away. If you don’t mind me asking, are you a sentimental person? I think that is a very good trait to have.
Check out this video for the Lifetime extra large deck box!
You might want to see the storage box in real action.
Features & Specifications
- This extra-large deck box has 16.4 cubic feet or 130 gallons of interior capacity.
- It is designed with a water resistant seal to keep your things dry and safe.
- The storage box is made with HDPE plastic which stands for High Density Polyethylene. It has a large strength to density ratio.
- Can be used as an outdoor storage box. I think it can also be used for indoors. It is up to you to decide.
- The hinges are powder coated steel.
- The hinges have springs for easy and gentle closing without slamming shut with a loud sound.
- Storage box is Desert Tan with dark brown lid and in a horizontal shape.
- The lid can open up to more than 90 degree and is lockable, so no one can steal your belongings or go messing with it. You might need to buy a separate lock for it.
- You can also use this deck box as a bench for up to 900 pounds or 408 kg capacity. Anything over that limit is not recommended.
- If it is needed you can install interior dividers to organize your items.
- The product weighs about 55.8 pounds with inside dimensions of 57 in. long by 20.75 in. wide by 23.75 in. high.
- The outside dimensions are 60″ L x 24″ W x 26.5″ H.
- This item is made in USA. Yippee! Not in China.
- It requires assembly.
User Manual or instructions
I know some of you might be looking for the Lifetime deck box model 60012 manual or assembling instructions. You can find it by clicking here. That link should allow you to download a copy to your computer. It is in a pdf format. You need Adobe reader to open it.
Lifetime 60040 VS 60012 Storage Box
According to my research, there is really not that much difference between those two models. I find the only differences between them are the model numbers and the colors.
The Lifetime 60040 is made in Desert Tan and the 60012 model is also made with Desert Tan with a dark brown lid. It really depends on you which color you like the best.
I believe both storage boxes have the same features and benefits of owning them. I also find this Lifetime extra large deck box is more popular than the 60040 model. If you would like to check out the Lifetime 60040 storage box, please do so by clicking here.
Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box Review
This storage box has a very high average rating. As of today June 25, 2013 the average rating is 94% with 100% being the highest. That average number is rated by about 520 customers and the number keeps on growing. Most of the users are so very happy with their purchase that they give it either a 100% or a 80% rating and about 6% users give it a 40% to 20% rating.
Pros: Customers are saying it is easy to set up, very sturdy, and made with high quality. Most of them are saying it doesn’t leak and keeps their things dry and clean. Highly recommended to others. One of the user owns three of these storage boxes.
Cons: The users who give a low rating are the ones who have received a defective product, such as missing pieces or not molded properly. These kinds of things are bound to happen to any kind of products.
If that happens to you then just ask for a replacement or a refund. I know it is a hassle if that happens to you. It also happened to me too when I was buying a glass TV stand. There was a missing piece from the box preventing us from finishing it. We didn’t ask for a refund but asked for a replacement instead. We really do like that TV stand. We are still using it and we have had it for about 5 years now.
Please do share or drop me a comment if you find this article useful. Thanks for taking your time to do so. 🙂