The Lee Kum Kee lemon chicken sauce is our favorite sauce to make lemon chicken. We have used this sauce every now and then for many years now.
We usually buy it in a Chinese grocery store place, but for the last several times when we were there, we couldn’t find it. I guess they don’t carry it anymore. I just really hate it when there is something we like in a recipe and they don’t carry it anymore. That means we can’t make lemon chicken. It is really too bad, my family loves eating lemon chicken.
I don’t want my family to be disappointed, so I did a search to see if I can buy them online and guess what, I found out they are selling it on Amazon. What a surprise. I didn’t think they would carry that kind of food stuff. I bought a whole pack of it recently along with some Panda orange chicken sauce and a Brother laser printer.
That way I don’t have to pay for the shipping cost. My total has to be $35.00 to qualify for the free shipping. I ended up spending $150.00. Well, the printer costs $100.00 already. Yeah, I know I have spent way more than I have expected to.
I still haven’t given the Panda Orange sauce a try yet, but eventually I will soon. Before I decided to buy the lemon chicken sauce, I was worried they were going to send me some expired ones. One of my friend did receive some expired cereal and I did get some expired supplements from my local drugstore.
Buy Lee Kum Kee Lemon Chicken Sauce
Click the below big picture to find out its price. I think the price is pretty reasonable. It comes with 12 packs and each pouch comes in a size of 2.8 ounce of sauce. When the chicken is done, it is enough for the four of us and I serve it along with some rice and other side dishes.
This is a product of China. I know some of you don’t like products that are made from China, so I thought I should tell you up front.
How To Cook Lemon Chicken
You might be asking how to cook lemon chicken with the Lee Kum Kee sauce. Don’t worry, it is fairly simple cooking it. If I can do it so can you. Here are the instructions on how to cook lemon chicken. It also has instructions how to cook the chicken on the back of the pouch.
Ingredients you will need.
- 5 oz of chicken cut it into biting size and add a little bit of salt for taste. I usually use chicken strip or breast.
- 1 pouch of Lee Kum Kee Sauce for lemon chicken.
- Some corn starch. You might be able to use flour if you like. I haven’t given that a try yet. So I don’t know what the result would be.
- 1 beaten egg.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of beaten egg with the cut chicken in a bowl.
- Mix the cut chicken with the corn starch. I usually use a separate plate to mix the cut biting size of chicken one by one with corn starch. If I don’t have enough corn starch on the plate I will just add more. You can also put all the corn starch in a carton with lid on and add some of the cut chickens into the carton and shake it several times. Do this step until all the chicken is coated with corn starch. I think this way might be faster than doing it one by one.
- Heat up your wok or frying pan with five tablespoons of any kind of cooking oil. I usually use olive oil. You can use a chopstick to test if your oil is hot enough. If it is sizzling when you use the chopstick to touch the wok or pan that means it is hot enough.
- Add your coated chicken into the heated up wok or pan to deep fry it.You should flip each piece of the chicken to the other side to fry it too. Wait until the chicken is golden yellow on both sides and then put a paper towel on a plate to pick up all the chicken. That way it will drain all the extra oil out.
- Heat up the wok or pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and add the lemon chicken sauce into the wok and let it cook for a little bit and add the chicken into the wok. Be sure to stir it well lightly and let all the sauce into the chicken.
Lee Kum Kee Lemon Chicken Sauce Review
I really like this lemon sauce. My kids love eating the lemon chicken and they are always asking for more. I am giving it 5 stars and I don’t have any bad things to say. The shipping is super fast too. I got my items in about a week or less.
I don’t think I can cook lemon chicken without this ready made sauce because I don’t know how to make the sauce. I tried one time but it turned out not that good. This sauce doesn’t use MSG and you can also use it for other dishes.
My Rating: 5.0
Bottom line: Give it a try. It is very yummy.
Here are the ingredients to make the lemon chicken sauce. This is listed on the back of the pouch. I hope I didn’t miss any of them.
Sugar, Corn Syrup Solids, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Frozen Concentrate For Lemonade (invert Sugar, Water, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Lemon Pulp cells, Lemon Oil), Salted Plums(Plums, Salt), Modified Corn Starch, Rice Vinegar(Water, Rice, Sugar), Salt, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Lemon Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Turmeric Powder, Contains Wheat, Soybeans.